There are several stations called 23rd street:
- 23rd St at 8th Ave where the A, C, and E trains stop.
- 23rd St at 7th Ave where the 1 train stops at all times and the 3 train stops when it is late.
- 23rd St at 6th Ave where the F train stops at all times and the M train on weekdays.
- 23rd St and Broadway, where the N train stops at all times and the R train stops all times except late nights.
- 23rd St. and 3rd Ave, was a stop of the elevated line. It was closed in 1955, and the tracks have been torn down. The 8 train stopped there.
- 23rd St and 2nd Ave will be a station on the new 2nd Ave line, assuming it is ever completed. The plan is for the T strain to stop there.
- 23rd St and Ely Ave in Queens is a different 23rd street than the others. The E train stops there.