- 1 day on Mercury lasts about 59 Earth days...
- Only 59% of the moon's surface is visible from Earth...
- The biggest fish ever recorded was a Whale Shark, measuring 59 feet in length, captured off the coast of Thailand.
- It is the smallest number which when divided by 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 leaves remainders of 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, respectively.
- It is the number of times the minute and second hands on a clock are aligned in one hour.
- 59 is also a safe prime; that is, a prime of the form 2p + 1, where p is also a prime: 59 = 2 x 29 + 1.
- M59 is a galaxy in the constellation Virgo.
Monday, October 14, 2013
Some facts about the number 59: